Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Line Dance

My feet don't naturally move to rhythms.  They had early training to hold still.  But I truly love the idea of dancing.  My sheets can dance.

Today (yesterday by the time you read this) was a "yes" day for drying sheets on the line.  The sheets seemed more excited about it than I did, if that is actually possible.  I thought we could apply for a grant from the National Foundation that funds full-blown art projects performed solely by sheets and pillowcases with the help of a line and some wind.  I'll make it one of the Things I get to do today.


Rapid first movement begins the dance

Quick steps to the back

Slower tempo for the second movement

Slight allusion to the first movement of the dance

A billowing building of the final movement

"The answer my friend. . ."--the unstated lyrics.

Full volume building
A slight retreat

The finale.  Wild applause from all of nature.


2 comments:

  1. astalabianca@hotmail.comOctober 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM

    I love drying sheets on the line too. Beautiful and o-so-good smelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you play in your mom's sheets when a kid, standing in the middle of them ballooning around you, or running and hiding from your kid brother? no doubt mom suggested restraint; she had an old wringer style washer on the back porch, unpainted wood so weathered a lovely grey, and washing those sheets and sending them through the wringer took some heavy lifting, but oh! the allure of those billowing white sheets, sails into another world. and as Asta says, so good smelling!

    ReplyDelete