Thursday, February 16, 2012

Big Green Jug

If your water is green, don't drink it.  That's my rule of thumb.  You certainly can write your own guidelines on what you are willing to ingest.

Fun water bottles for around the house




My water bottles are filled from a gallon of "sunshine wine" (post 10-28-11), filtered water that has had a chance to bask in the sun until it's absorbed as much sun sparkle as it can hold.  The routine of Things I get to do today includes refilling these recycled, interesting, glass bottles.  To encourage myself to "keep up the fluids," I have several around the house in locations where I settle in for a time or pass by frequently (by the computer, in the kitchen, on the bathroom counter).








Hinting green, the salt slurry has done its work
But the big jug had gone green. Nothing serious, it had a delicate film of green algae coating the inside, and the next step would be the water turning green.  Last time this happened I enlisted the help of my friend, salt. Salt is fabulous for many tasks that require an abrasive.  To clean a big bottle, dump in about 1/4 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of water.  Swirl this about in the jug until the gritty salt has scoured off everything on the inside. Rinse.  I'm happy to drink the sunshine wine/water from this clear container now.


Sparkly fresh and ready to soak up the rays

6 comments:

  1. Must go read the post about the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's helpful. Certainly is great for my body and soul. Blessings for your day!

      Delete
    2. Me too! Headed there now!
      Love your blog!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Rebekah. It's a hoot to write--just for my own fun. Period.

      Delete
  2. and how does andrea (and bud, too, i suspect) find interesting and useful bottles? when there recently, my water bottle by my bed was an empty wine bottle or maybe some other beverage! how clever, eh? i was given a wine as a wedding present that was signed by Fess Parker* (yes!!!!! Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett has his own vineyard, and i have his autograph on a wine bottle!) now, instead of gathering dust on my kitchen window ledge, i'll wash it out carefully (don't want to erase that precious autograph), fill it with fresh, delicious Arlington water, put it out in the sun where the magic will happen, and then by my bedside, old Davy will continue to supply me with refreshment!

    * please, oh please, don't tell me that you don't know who Fess Parker is/was!!! or Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett!!! a lifetime of Disney movies and television programs that taught me American frontier history will shrivel up in sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do believe you've discovered the secret for interesting bottles. Such a pity to pitch them even into the recycling bin.

      Sounds like you are cooking up a fine wine jug of historic energy and fun for your bedside. Drink up, dear friend.

      Delete