Part way through the Things I get to do today, I'm taking a break to cook up a little fun.
Recipe for lively spring chicken dish:
- Start with 5 whole chickens, still live and feathered. Breed and temperament do not matter.
- Place them gently in 1 spacious hen yard.
- Sprinkle them with average hen intelligence.
- Add 1 spring storm, being careful to not wet the chickens excessively.
- Turn chickens away from each strong gust of wind
- Add element of surprise with especially strong gusts
- Watch carefully as hens lose balance and tumble over in the wind
- Add 1 generous scoop of good-hearted laughter
- Carefully gather befuddled hens to sheltered, dry space.
- Warm slightly if needed