Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dirty Old Hens


The best Things I get to do today usually involve my chickens. 


 A friend, new to her own flock, called recently to see if I put a pan of water out for my hens to hop into and flap around like birdies do in a birdbath.

It's been awhile since I've thought of the phrase "madder than a wet hen," but that certainly sums up what these gals think of taking a dip to cool off or get clean. 


 Just give me a well-scratched divot in the shade, and I'll show you a good bath was had by all.  



You might want to dust off your computer screen after viewing this blog.  Take a swipe at your keyboard, too, for good measure.





2 comments:

  1. Fun post. I don't know. You should see my puppy wet. She gets pretty mad, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in, Gabby. Give my chicken's sympathy to your pup. Poor thing. You know she'd love, love, love to go roll in the dirt when she coat is wet--or any other time for that matter!

      Delete