Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Neighbor

I love Mr. Rogers.  He'll always be my neighbor.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the in the news, my mother would say to, 'Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping.'  To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are so many helpers--so many caring people in this world." - Mr. Rogers.

In the sober presence of the moment, the most important of Things I get to do today is to look for the helpers. There are so many caring people in this world. And I am comforted knowing that you are one of those many.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the helpers. I hope the media would focus more on the helpers. I loved Mr. Rogers too! When I wake up on a beautiful morning I immediately start singing "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the very best way to start any day, Kat.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Rogers was a wise man. And sometimes it seems like we cannot help- but just listening is a sign of caring.... and that is help.
    Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Tweedles, I think you got that one right! You, of all "people", are a very good listener!

      Delete