Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Jewels




I'd come out to sweep debris off the patio, and there they were.  Gems like these certainly would have been part of the gifts brought by Magi and Wise Men and Worshippers to the Christ Child.  To find them scattered rather carelessly on the cold, wet and littered pavers seemed inappropriate at best.








But Nature is like that--not attached to her beauty, letting it go graciously and without hesitation, casting her pearls and gems before the common folk.   With that ease she is able to create again and again with the seasons, her abundance flowing because she never holds back.




Safire, Amethyst, Turquoise semi-precious "stones"


The Porcelain Berry Vine has been dropping her jewels for weeks now, some to the birds and some to the patio. I've always thought the berries were prettiest amongst their leaves and don't recall seeing them so near winter.  But this, this takes my breath away and gives new perspective to all other Things I get to do today.


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful plant, I want to remember the name for the next time I shop for another plant for the yard. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some extras every year in the summer. I could bring one over. It's a vine and needs support. We have it growing as a sun shade over the patio. All summer it hums with honey bees. It's a dynamite addition!

      Delete